Here are some of the most commonly asked questions in relation to our services. Please let us know if there is something specific you would like to know about that is not listed here.
What is needed to start a 3D rendering project?
- Contact name and company name
- Names of all involved to CC in emails, if any
- Project name and PO if required
- Scope of Work - Detailed description of the project in question
- Date the project needs to be completed by
- CAD files, or drawings/sketches to build with. We primarily import using these file formats - dwg, fbx, or 3ds.
Other import options we can use: obj, spf dc, step dc, Stl dc, igel, igs, iges dc and alembic.
- Materials list - Showing what goes where. Links to Mfg. materials, or provide swatches/photos
How long does it take? - This depends on the “scope of work”, (i.e. rendering or animation) the amount of updates or revisions involved. Will be receiving a CAD file, or do we need to build the project in question. However, something like a small office, a product rendering or workstation should take around a day or two. Send us the details, and we will give you a quote.
How much will it cost? - This also depends on the “scope of work”, and the amount of updates or revisions involved. We charge by the hour, so something like a small office or small product can run anywhere from 40.00 and up. Send us the details, and we will give you a quote.
What equipment do you use? - We run 3, eight core mac pro computers (24 cores of processing power) to do the modeling and rendering.
What software do you use? - We use Autodesk Maya for modeling and animation. We use Chaos Vray for rendering.